Due to the worldwide pandemic, no field session could take place in Pietragalla in 2020. Nevertheless, the team worked together remotedly for several weeks during the summer to bring the documentation up to date and to proceed the interpretation.
- Meeting between Paris, Berlin and Pietragalla to discuss the results and methods of the 3D scan conducted by Vito Muscio during the past campaign
- Online presentation by Alain Duplouy and Vincenzo Capozzoli about the main results of the first three years of archaeological research at Monte Torretta di Pietragalla as part of a Master’s seminar at the University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne.
- Official meeting of the Pietragalla Project team
- Lecture by Alain Duplouy: ‘Archaeological prospecting. Principles and Applications’.
- Lectures by Agnes Henning on the introduction to the stratigraphy and topography of the Monte Torretta site and by Lucia Lecce on the documented material culture at Monte Torretta
- Work on the online database and development of a completely reviewed GIS
- Processing, retouching and database entry of photos of archaeological material
- Online lectures by Paloma Lorente Sebastían on funerary practices in Lucania between the 8th and 3rd centuries BC.